TOTAL FIBER™ AND COLON CANCER
- Does eating high fiber diet really helps to protect against colon cancer risk?
A study published in the peer reviewed British Medical Journal confirms that high fibre diet CAN reduce the risk of colon cancer. The study found that for every 10g a day increase in fiber intake, there was a 10% drop in risk of colon cancer.
- How does eating a diet high in fiber helps with reducing the risk for colon cancer?
Several reasons have been postulated to explain the link between fiber and prevention of colon cancer, these include:
- Dilution of fecal carcinogens
- Reduced transit time (faeces move through colon more quickly)
- Bacterial fermentation of fiber to short chain fatty acids with anticarcinogenic properties
- How is Total Fiber™ different from other fiber supplements?
Total Fiber™ mimics our natural food fiber containing both insoluble and soluble fiber. Insoluble fiber bulks up faeces and helps it move through the gut more quickly, whereas soluble fiber helps to keep faeces soft making it easier to pass. Both types of fiber are needed for a complete fiber supplementation.
If you have questions that is not answered here, please feel free to email our pharmacist.